PRODUCTION TEAM MEMBER (Location: RoyOMartin-Plywood, Chopin, LA)
Position Overview: Responsibilities include safely operating production equipment used to make plywood; troubleshooting mechanical issues; actively participating in problem-solving sessions; producing a quality product and required efficiencies consistently; and cross-training on different machine centers.
Pay Rate: The starting pay for production team members at RoyOMartin-Plywood is $13.50 an hour, with the potential to earn up to $22.50 an hour through on-the-job training.
Behavioral Profile: The ideal candidate must be committed to maintaining a safe work environment without compromise. He/she must demonstrate an eagerness to learn and grow, self-motivation, effective communication skills, a sense of urgency, detail orientation, and passion for excellence. Additionally, he/she should derive satisfaction from working with others in a team atmosphere and have the ability to work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
Work Environment: All RoyOMartin facilities are smoke free. Manufacturing plants are not climate controlled and are representative of working conditions commonly associated with other industrial workplaces. Employees working outdoors may encounter rain, wind, and other elements. Good housekeeping is expected in all areas. Due to production requirements, much work is fast-paced. In all situations, employees are expected to wear appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) and follow all safety requirements for his/her workstation. No job is so important that it cannot be performed safely.
Schedule: RoyOMartin production facilities operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, with most production team members working a 12-hour shift. Individuals must be able to work rotating shifts (including holidays) and must be available for scheduled and unscheduled overtime as conditions of employment.
Job Profile: Click here to view the Production Team Member Job Profile.
HOW TO APPLY (2 OPTIONS)
1. Go to your local office of the Louisiana Workforce Commission (LWC). A list of locations can be found here.
2. Ask to complete a RoyOMartin-Plywood employment application.
3. Fill out the application completely. The Louisiana Workforce Commission will submit it for you.
1. Visit the Louisiana Workforce Commission’s HiRE website here.
2. In the “Search for a Job” section, type RoyOMartin in the “Enter Keyword” field. Narrow your search by geography, or leave those fields blank. Click the “Search” button.
3. Click on the RoyOMartin position of interest, and complete all required information. Your submission will be forwarded to the RoyOMartin human resources department.
ROYOMARTIN-PLYWOOD TO HOLD CAREER FAIR ON AUGUST 22, 2019
RoyOMartin will hold an open career fair for production team members on August 22, 2019, in Alexandria. Representatives will interview jobseekers for positions at the Chopin, Louisiana, plywood and solid wood products manufacturing facility. To learn more, view our Events page.