RoyOMartin announced the winner and nominees for its 2022 Innovation Award. Allan Patterson from our plywood manufacturing facility was named the recipient of the top prize for his route-and-fill defect detection project. By programming the system to monitor the patching of plywood panels, Allan’s design resulted in a reduction in downfall on siding and patch line-related issues.
Seven team members were also nominated for the Innovation Award for their enterprising projects:
- John Aymond (Plywood), stacker over current shutdown
- Jeff Greene (Plywood), auto sheet drop reject – LUL lines
- Donald Holman (Plywood), nip roll design – unloader 6 and 7
- Charles Lessing (Oakdale OSB), gravity-operated doors
- Adam Lowther (Corrigan OSB), RFID tag implementation
- Blake Morris (Corrigan OSB), automatic check implementation
- Marcus Rhodes (Plywood), XY and charger chuck modification
Congratulations, Allan, and all the nominees! Your innovative thinking develops a safer and more productive environment, which is our organization’s topmost priority.
Vice President of Plywood Jeremy Burford (left) presents Allan Patterson with the 2022 Innovation Award.